Sorry for the lack of updates lately I have been rather preoccupied with my life at the moment. Traveling throughout the Principality and being all Baronessy has taken a lot of time that I would have for sewing, but in addition to that I also have to contend with finding a house to move into in the next month, a toddler that just turned two, and the ever fun first-trimester-exhaustion of pregnancy.
On the sewing front I have been working on a 14th century dress made from this lovely purple/black shot linen. At first I was going to have it as a loose rectangular construction tunic with short sleeves, since my current summer wardrobe is woefully inadequate. After I got the dress assembled I realized I was unhappy with the bagging at the armscye. I decided to take the sleeves out, fit the gown closer, and. . . draft sleeves. Drafting my own sleeves has been the bane of my costuming career. For the longest time I just plum didn't get it. People have tried to explain over and over how to do it, but my brain couldn't translate their instructions. Finally it all just clicked, and these instructions didn't hurt either. I am proud to report that my very first drafted sleeve fit into the armcye perfectly the first try. I of course had to rip it back out because I was using a red linen mockup to test the fit before I cut into the last yard of my linen. I hope to have it done this weekend for An Tir Coronation.
Sorry there are no pictures, the battery eating camera strikes again.