Friday, July 31, 2009

Quick update

Well I would love to be posting pictures of me in my lovely new linen gown, but due to the extreme heat at Coronation I was unable to get a decent picture taken. Also we are getting ready to move so future projects are going to be on hold while we get everything set up at the new house. Hopefully this will be a temporary stop before we buy a home, but it is definitely a upgrade from where we are now. I'll have a real garage, a dining "room", more than 2 cupboards in the kitchen, a bathtub, a hallway, and a laundry room. Honestly I don't know how we have survived in our cottage this long, let alone the year my mother was there with us.

Later this month I will be attending Sport of Kings, and hopefully I will be taking some pretty cool classes The Textile Equipment of the 12th Century Warrior, and Rectangular Construction Gambeson Workshop. I hope to have my husband looking like a 12th century nobleman both on and off the field. As it is now his armor really needs spiffing up. His gambison is 20 years old, and has some rather interesting rust stains. I just hope my confirmation comes soon so I don't have to harass the registar.

No comments: